March 20, 2017
Dieffenbacher is an international company that develops and manufactures hydraulic presses and complete production systems for the wood panel and automotive industries. With our commitment to innovation, we are a partner of choice for our customers, in our view, innovation is the foundation for growth.
Dieffenbacher North America is looking for a Mechanical Technician to work as part of the team in our facility in Windsor, Ontario.
As experience is gained on the Dieffenbacher systems, this position’s duties will evolve to include service trips to customer sites for set-up, repairing and maintaining Dieffenbacher machinery.
- Recent graduate of a Community College or University
- Creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a challenging and changing environment
- Good understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Enjoy working in a team
- Able to work under pressure and be flexible
- Readiness for travel activity
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Foreign language skills are an advantage
The successful candidate will be trained to be proficient at the following Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting job specifications, blueprints, engineering or design drawings and schematics.
- Performing work based on drawings, sketches, codes and company procedures.
- Maintaining and using hand and power tools.
- Performing bench work including assembly and disassembly, modification, cleaning, measuring, inspection and testing of mechanical and pneumatic equipment.
- Identifying and applying lubricants including oils, greases, graphite; installing lubrication equipment and components.
- Maintaining, setting up and operating arc and oxyacetylene welding equipment.
- Writing quality/technical reports and maintaining repair records.
- As Mechanical Technician, you will be paid on an hourly basis, and paid via direct deposit weekly.
- There will be a probation period of 3 months (90 days).
- Vacation pay for hourly employees is accrued at a rate of 4%
- Overtime is required, and will be paid 1.5 times the hourly rate if the work week exceeds 40 hours.
- After the first 12 months you will be enrolled in the company pension plan for which you receive a 2% company match on the contributions that you make.
- The company has a voluntary RRSP fund that would be open for you to contribute to at your own discretion after an initial 3 month period.
- You will be enrolled in the DNA benefits package for hourly employees. This includes health, dental, vision, etc., coverage.
Please send your resume by email to: [email protected]
Please ensure any attachments to emails are in PDF format.